Thursday, May 25, 2006

Milking it

The milk debate is hotting up. The dairy industry has issued its inevitable defence against the White Lies report, calling it "irresponsible, biased and inaccurate". This one will rumble on, I feel.

I had a hot choclate made with cows milk the other day. I feel quite bad, because I wrote a post the other day about how I never drink milk anymore. But a shop assistant in Fresh and Wild, a health food shop, no less, was handing out free cartons of organic milk and I just couldn't resist taking one. "I'll make a big hot choclate with it," I thought to myself.

However, the said hot choclate, while quite nice, left a bad taste in my mouth, quite literally. Maybe it was just psycological, after all this writing about milk, but it just tasted too much of animal. I don't think I'll finish the free carton, which is a bit of a waste, I know. So, if anyone wants half a pint of cow's milk and lives in east London and wants to come around to my house to get it, it's yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home